The popular Indian breakfast dish Poha is now referred to by Indigo Airlines as a fresh salad. The internet community has obviously not received it well, and they are mercilessly mocking team Indigo for the error. Many people are also criticising Indigo’s marketing team for referring to the typical breakfast item as a bowl of salad. We reasoned that you might be craving this anytime snack amid the poha chatter. Here is a quick recipe, then.
It is one of the most loved breakfast options in India. It is prepared all across with a lot of variations. Poha is beaten rice or rice flakes which are light, perfect for breakfast and usually given a savoury flavour.
Mistakes To Avoid While Making Poha
- After washing, be careful not to squeeze all the water out of it. it will be more tender and fluffy if there is some water left in the rice flakes. Additionally, your poha will become dry if you strain out all the water.
- After adding lemon juice , do not continue to cook it because the flavour will become bitter. Just before serving , squeeze some lemon juice.
- Make sure to use a very gentle touch when cooking or you risk breaking the porridge.
- After combining all the ingredients, simmer the poha. it can take some time to fully absorb the flavour because it lacks any flavour of its own.
- Never over wash or it can get all mushy.
Tips To Make Soft And Fluffy Poha
- Poha is never really enjoyed dry. Here are some recommendations you should keep in mind to make your poha soft and fluffy:
- Always rinse your poha thoroughly with water before letting it sit in the strainer to dry. When you use the poha in a recipe, it should be sufficiently moist.
- Pour some water over your poha and cover it with a lid if it seems dry and hard while cooking. This will aid in hydrating it.
- While you are making , timing is crucial. Make sure the rice flakes doesn’t become dry by overcooking it.
How To Make Perfect Poha?
- Mustard Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chillies
- Asafoetida Or Hing
- Turmeric Powder
- Poha Or Rice Flakes
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Water As Required
- Take some poha and rinse it with water in a strainer. Allow the water to drain.
- Set aside for five to ten minutes.
- Chop some potatoes, add some oil to a pan, and cook on a medium heat.
- Sauté peanuts in the same oil after adding them.
- Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, and then watch them start to pop.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions and asafoetida. Cook until they are tender.
- Add the powdered turmeric and stir the mixture. If you don’t like rice flakes that is yellow in colour, you can also skip this step.
- Now stir in the salt
- A small amount of sugar will give your rice flakes a wonderful flavour boost.
- Cover the dish with a lid after sprinkling it with water. Cook for five minutes over a low flame.
- Mix well, then plate.
We hope these tips and tricks help you make perfect poha at home. For more such recipes and tips, stay tuned!