Coconut poli This is a delicious dessert and perfect for the any occasion. So, try this amazing recipe .
also read:-Snehalata Dixit, the mother of Madhuri Dixit, died at the age of 91
Total Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
Recipe Servings: 2
- 250 gms jaggery
- 250 gram fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tsp cardamoms powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
For The Poli -Outer Covering
- 300 gram whole wheat flour
- 5 tbsp oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 5-6 tbsp beetroot puree
- 1 tsp Haldi powder
- 1 tbsp spinach puree
- water as required to knead the dough
- oil or ghee as required for roasting the coconut poli
How to make:-
- Making coconut stuffing
- Cook the soaked chana dal for 6 to 7 whistles in a pressure cooker. The dal needs to be thoroughly cooked before being strained.
- Add grated fresh coconut, jaggery, and ghee to a skillet that is simmering on low heat. After a little sautéing and letting the jaggery melt fully, add the ground nutmeg and cardamom powders. On low heat, fry for a little period of time. Let it cool and set it away.
Making The Poli Dough
- In the meantime, take the whole wheat flour and combine it with the ghee and a small amount of water. Start kneading the dough and add water as needed.
- The dough ought to be soft and silky. Split the dough into three equal halves, then combine one with beetroot puree, one with haldi powder, and one with spinach puree.
Making poli using coconut
- Take a little ball from each of the three doughs you prepared. Layer together the three different coloured doughs; do not combine them to make one dough. Using a banana leaf, roll it so that the circle is 2 to 3 inches. In the centre of the rolled dough, place a bit of the coconut mixture.
- Bring the edges in the direction of the centre. The edges should be joined, pinched, and rolled like an A
- Spread some ghee on a tawa that is moderately hot. The poli/dough circle should be placed on the tawa. Turn over and cook the opposite side once the first side has browned. Use ghee.
- Arrange them in a saucepan or between kitchen towels.
- Ghee can be used to serve coconut poli.