There is no festival in which sweetness is not dissolved. Now anyway, Durga Ashtami Chaitra Navratri and Ramadan are going on, in which delicious and healthy dishes are definitely made. But all these dishes are completely incomplete without a sweet dish, completely incomplete because often after opening the fast, our mind says the same thing… Is something sweet..?
If the same voice comes from your mind again and again, then today we have brought you such a recipe of halwa and puri prepared from chana dal, which you will remember the temple halwa pudi as soon as you eat it. If you don’t believe it, try it yourself.
How to make Halwa Puri & Black Chana Recipe
- Soak chana dal overnight. Then filter it and grind it in the mixer without using water.
- Now put ghee in a pan to heat it, add cardamom seeds and apply tempering. Then add ground chana dal and mix well.
- Now fry the lentils on a medium flame, stirring continuously. Keep in mind that the lentils do not burn or else the taste of the pudding will look useless.
- When the lentils start to smell, add milk and fry. After this, add sugar, raisins and a little ghee and fry.
- Fry the pudding continuously until the pudding starts to become grainy and golden and it starts to smell cold, turn off the gas.
- Filter the flour and semolina in a bowl. Add salt, celery, ghee and knead the dough.
- Prepare dough loaves and roll the puddings. Place it in a pan over a low flame to heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the purees one by one and let it cook when golden. At the same time, wash and boil black gram and then put it in oil in a pan and apply tempering.
- All you have is pudding and chana puri ready for Durga Ashtami, which you can serve on your plate.
Halwa Puri Chana Recipe Card
- 1 cup chana dal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp – Green chillies
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp – Almonds and pistachios (chopped)
- 8- Cashew nuts
- for the whole
- 1 cup – semolina
- 1 cup – maida
- 4 tsp ghee
- Salt – as per taste
- 1 tsp – Celery
- Oil as required (for full frying)
- To make chickpeas
- 2 cups – black gram
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- Step 1: Soak chana dal overnight. Then filter it and put it in the mixer without using water. Grind.
- Step 2: Now put ghee in a pan to heat it, add cardamom seeds and apply tempering.
- Step 3: When the lentils start to smell, add milk and fry. Add sugar, raisins and a little ghee to it. Fry the car.
- Step 4: Fry the pudding continuously until the pudding becomes grainy.
- Step 5: Filter the flour and semolina in a bowl and then add salt, celery and ghee to it and knead the dough. Take it.
- Step 6: Prepare dough loaves and roll the puddings. Fry it in a pan on a low flame. Do it.
- Step 7: At the same time, wash and boil black gram and then put it in oil in a pan and apply tempering.
- Step 8: Just your pudding chana puri is ready for Durga Ashtami , which you can serve on your plate.