Pumpkin vegetable is made in all households. In many homes, children start making mouths as soon as they hear its name. People make this pumpkin vegetable available in every season in many ways. In such a situation, today we are going to tell you a special thing in addition to the spiced pumpkin vegetable. Yes, we are talking about the sour-sweet curry with pumpkin gravy. It is a famous vegetable of Chhattisgarh, which is usually made on special occasions and festivals. People eat pumpkin curry made of curd and jaggery with puree and rice very fondly. So let’s know the recipe of this sour sweet curry.
- First, remove the pumpkin peels and cut them into square shapes. Now wash it and keep it aside, then heat the pan in the gas and add two teaspoons of oil. After a while, add fenugreek seeds and fry till golden. Now add green chillies and curry leaves and fry them. Now add pumpkin and keep stirring for 5-10 minutes and cook on low flame and let it soften.
- When the pumpkin becomes soft, add a piece of jaggery to it and let it fry for five to seven minutes so that the sweetness of jaggery mixes well in the pumpkin. Now add turmeric and salt and let everyone cook well for a while.
- When the pumpkin is cooked and soft well, add two bowls of yogurt to it and mix well. To thicken the curry, mix one teaspoon of gram flour in a little water and mix it in the gravy. This will make the curry thicker, as well as taste good.
- Prepare a paste by grinding fresh coriander and 2-3 chillies. Now add it to the cooking gravy and let it cook while mixing it all well. Green chilli and coriander paste will make the vegetable smell good and will also look delicious to eat.
- A curry with hot pump kin curry is ready. You can serve it with rice or pudi. This delicious recipe will definitely be liked by your family members.
If the people of your house are bored of eating pump kin spiced vegetables, then try this recipe next time. We hope that your family will definitely like this vegetable. If you liked this pump kin recipe.
Sour-sweet pumpkin curry recipe
- Pumpkin half a kilo
- Salt to taste
- Small piece of molasses
- 2 cups of yogurt
- Sweet neem or curry leaves
- Fenugreek seeds
- Cut 2 to 3 green chillies from the middle
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon gram flour
- 3 teaspoons coriander and chili paste
- Step 1
- Cut the pumpkin and heat oil in a pan, add chili, fenugreek and curry leaves and light it Fry.
- Step 2
- When the vegetable is roasted, add jaggery, turmeric and salt and fry it.
- Step 3
- When the pumpkin is cooked and soft, add yogurt to it.
- Step 4
- Let the curry cook well. Finally, while removing the vegetable, add coriander chilli paste to it.
- Step 5
- Cook for a while and turn off the gas. Your sour-sweet pumpkin curry is ready.