Recipe for Beetroot Uttapam: Uttapam is a tasty and healthy delicacy. Make this beetroot uttapam with vegetables on top if you want to try something new with uttapam. Beetroots give this meal a gorgeous pink hue and a completely different flavour depth.
Total cook tome : 25 minutes
-Prep Time: 5 minutes
-Cook time :20 minutes
- 2 cupsIdli/dosa batter,
- 2 miniature beets
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 small tomato, cut finely
- 12 of a finely chopped capon
- 3 Green Chilies, chopped finely
- cooking oil
- Salt as desired
- leaves of coriander for garnish
How to make Beetroot Uttapam:-
- To create fine strands, grate the beets.
- Place the grated beetroot and the idli/dosa batter in a bowl. If necessary, thicken the batter with water. But keep in mind that uttapam batter needs to be thicker than conventional dosa batter.
- Batter should be well-mixed and reddish.
- Add approximately 1/2 tsp of oil to a hot nonstick tawa.
- Pour a large spoonful of batter onto it; unlike with traditional uttapams, do not distribute it thinly.
- Sprinkle the top with a sparing amount of the chopped vegetables (onions, tomatoes, capsicum, and green peppers) and gently press them into the batter.
- Add a small amount of salt. Around the thick uttapam’s edges, drizzle additional oil. After a few minutes, cover.
- Raise the uttapam to see if it has turned a little brown. Then flip it and cook on the other side too. Take care not to burn the veggies.
- Transfer onto a plate, garnish with coriander and serve with coconut chutney.