Idli is a well-liked breakfast option in India overall, not only in South India. It is straightforward, filling, and healthy. The nice part is that there is plenty of room for experimentation with this classic dish to shake up the monotony. Semolina, curd, and a few spices are used to make matar rava idlis, a variant on the traditional idli meal. Rava is semolina, and idli are steamed cakes. Look at the recipe provided below for a fast, simple, and quick way to make matar rava idli: –
Ingredients necessary: –
1 cup of green peas (used frozen ones)
4 green chilies, 1 slice of ginger
Sorghum: 1 cup
3/4 cup of curd
1-tsp. of urad dal
1 sprig of curry leaves
eno fruit salt, 1 teaspoon (or 1/2 teaspoon baking soda)
1/2 cup water
Salt as desired
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
How To Make It:-
1. Blend the green peas, ginger, and red pepper flakes into a smooth paste by adding 1/4 cup of water.
2. Combine the semolina, curd, and salt in a bowl. Mix in the ground green pea paste with this. Allow the semolina to absorb the liquids for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, heat the oil in a skillet, add the mustard seeds, and let them pop before adding the urad dal and cooking it till golden. Add the curry leaves after turning the burner off. When the leaves are crisp, add this mixture to the reserved green peas and rava mixture and toss in the oil. If the mixture is too thick, stir in 1 tbsp of water.
4. Grease the idli moulds and place the steamer with water on the burner. Stir in the baking soda and Eno salt at this point. When the fork put in the centre of the mixture comes out clean, immediately pour this mixture into the oiled moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Peas, green The rava idli is prepared and can be served with chutney and sambar.
Also read:Sonam Kapoor raised the bar of maternity photoshoots with her trendy fashion game.