Due to global warming in the world, many types of problems are being seen. There has been a drastic change in the weather. If it is getting hot somewhere, it starts falling so much that it burns. If there is snowfall somewhere, then the entire state is being cover with snow. Due to global warming, there has also been a lot of change in sea level. Due to the rising sea level, there are many places in the world that have reached the verge of drowning in water. According to the changes that are taking place, these places will be submerge under water by 2100.
- According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, sea levels are rising rapidly. While its rate was 2000.2005 millimeters from 1 to 4, by 2015 this rate has increased to 3.6 millimeters. If sea level continues to rise at this rate, then by 2100 it will be 40 to 63 millimeters. According to the Union of Concerned Scientists (opens in new tab) (UCS), the Maldives is at the top of the places that will be submerge. About 12 percent of this country, made up of 77 small islands, will disappear.
After this comes Kiribati’s number. The population of this country is 1 lakh 20 thousand. This country will lose two-thirds of its share.
- China is also among the countries that will suffer due to sea level rise. China’s 43 million people who live on the seashore will suffer a lot.
- Bangladesh’s Dhaka is also in this list. Where 32 million people will be homeless.
- India is also included in this list. According to the European Union-funded Life Adaptation Project, 27 million people in India will lose their land under the sea.
- According to a non-profit organization named Earth.org, Jakarta has become the fastest sinking country. Every year it is drowning in two to four inches of water. In such a situation, this country will disappear in water by 2050.
- Nigeria’s Lagos is also among the places where they have disappeared after drowning in the water. The 15.3 million population here will be affect by sea level rise.
- According to the report, Bangkok in Thailand is also among the places under water.
- America’s New York City will also not survive the outbreak of water. As the sea level continues to rise, the possibility of this city sinking is becoming stronger.