Bollywood vs Boycott Culture: Since the pandemic, there was a lot of concern about the business of Hindi movie theaters. When Hindi films were not doing much at the box office, the films of three big stars performed brilliantly at the box office in the first quarter of 2023!
- In the first quarter of the year 2023, three big stars of Bollywood shined. Rani Mukerji, Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor’s cinematic magic rocked the box office. Shah Rukh Khan hit the box office in January this year with his historical blockbuster film Pathan (Pathaan). Boycott The film quickly became popular all over the world as the audience flocked to the theatres again and again to make it such a tremendous hit, which was truly unprecedented. The film grossed more than 1050.30 crores worldwide!
- The Pathan film was a befitting reply to the ‘boycott calls’ that dealt a severe blow to Bollywood, due to which many films failed back-to-back. Siddharth Anand once said, “I am happy that Pathan became a game changer for the industry. It is said that people boycotted us. I am very happy that Pathan has given a tremendous reply to all of them and the industry has heard the echo of this answer. I am happy that we have done something that speaks for itself.”
- The next leading actor to make a splash at the box office was Ranbir Kapoor! Ranbir made a comeback with a romantic film ‘Tu Jhoothi Main Makkar’. Known as the “Poster Boy of Romance” in the new generation, Ranbir Kapoor made a place in the hearts of the audience with his performance in the film! The film earned 148 crores in India and 222.47 crores worldwide!
- is the third lead actress to deliver a hit film, whose film ‘Mrs Chatterjee vs Norway’ has been release! Touted as the ‘Sleeper Hit of the Year’, the film grossed Rs 34 crore worldwide and Rani single-handedly broke the myth that content films have no ask for at the box office! The success of this film has rekindled the belief in the filmmakers that the audience will definitely come to the theaters for the content film, provided it is effective and something different, and everyone’s performance is lively! In this film, Rani Mukherjee plays the role of a mother who is separate from her two children because the Norwegian government feels that the children are not being given a conducive and happy environment to grow up. Rani Mukerji has done the best performance of her life in it.
- Nikkhil Advani of Emmay Entertainment, producer of “Mrs Chatterjee vs Norway”, says it is Rani’s theatrical equity that has aided the film’s success. He says, “Mrs Chatterjee vs Norway is a unique film that we are all extremely proud of. Rani Mukerji has received love and appreciation from both old and new generations, and has true fans who always enjoy her screen presence. We appreciate the enthusiasm of our audience and also thank the entire industry that has showered us with so much love.”