To stay healthy, it is very important to keep our weight under control. Weight gain has a bad effect on health. Because of this, our body can be vulnerable to many diseases. Due to poor lifestyle and wrong eating habits, the problem of weight gain has become common and therefore it is being talked about more. There is a lot of information about what to eat for weight loss, what things should be left out. But do you know that not only our diet is responsible for weight loss or weight gain, but our mental health also plays an important role in it.
If you are taking the right diet but still not losing weight, then your mental health may be the reason. Like your nutrition and physical health, mental health is also very important. Dietitian Simran Kaur has shared information about this from her Instagram account. Let’s find out.
What is the connection between weight loss and mental health?
- Mental health affects our body in many ways, one of which is our weight. When we are under stress, it has a direct effect on our weight.
- Due to stress, the stress hormone cortisol is released more in the body, due to which the level of other hormones is also affected and the hormonal balance of the body also deteriorates.
- Stress hormone is released from our brain. Due to its excessive release, this hormone creates disturbances in the work of other hormones present in the body. Because of which we are not able to lose weight.
- Apart from this, melatonin hormone, dopamine hormone and serotonin hormone, also known as happy hormones, these hormones are also affected due to stress.
- These hormones are also directly related to our sleep and mood.
- Disturbances in these also have an effect on our sleep and along with this, there may also be a problem of mood swings.
- Not having the right sleep cycle also affects weight loss.
- Apart from this, due to stress eating, many times our weight is not reduced.
- Many times in stress, we do not eat anything, sometimes we eat too much and this affects the weight.
Do this work
Instead of ignoring mental health, pay attention to it too. If you have been under stress for a long time, if any anxiety is bothering you, then talk to someone. Identify the causes of stress. To overcome this, resort to yoga, meditation. If you need help, seek help from an expert.
If you have any health related problems, then tell us in the comment box given below the article. We will try to solve your problem through our articles.