Married women worship Vat Purnima in Vat Savitri Vrat. This fast is kept for the long life of the husband. Women worship like brides and then break the fast. Like the rest of the fast, different types of dishes are made on this day. Fasting food is prepared and a variety of sweets are decorated. On the day of Vat Savitri Vrat, Gulgul, Kheer, Panchamrit, Halwa etc. are made for the worship of Vat Savitri.
If you are also thinking of making something special for this day, then you can prepare different recipes. You can make three types of recipes, from gulgula to kiss. Let’s find out how to make them.
This is a common molasses made during fasting. Since people do not eat flour pudding, then singhade flour can be eaten in fasting. Let’s find out how to make it.
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pure ghee
- Two cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Finely chopped 7-8 almonds
How to make singhade molasses
- Heat ghee in a pan and add singhada flour and fry it well. Fry the dough in ghee on a low flame until it turns a little golden in colour.
- Now add a cup of warm milk to it and run fast so that no lumps form. Add sugar to it and mix well. Cook it on a low flame until the ghee starts to look different.
- Now add green cardamom powder and finely chopped almonds to it and mix it once. Your fasting pudding is ready.
This can be a good breakfast for fasting. Apart from fasting, you can eat it at any time of the day. It is very easy to make and it keeps your stomach full.
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 4 Medium-sized potatoes
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Green coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to make potato cheese
- First of all, peel the potatoes and put them in water, so that they do not turn black. After this, keep them in water for 1 minute and then filter and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds to it and let it crackle. Now add green chillies and fry them.
- After this, add the grated potatoes and fry on medium flame for 1 minute and then reduce the flame.
- After roasting the potatoes, add rock salt, Kashmiri red chili powder and roasted crushed peanuts and mix well. Cover it on a low flame and keep it to cook.
- Stir the potatoes occasionally and finally add green coriander and lemon juice to it and mix it. Your potato sauce is ready. Enjoy it with yogurt.
Gulgulas are prepared on special occasions. Gulgulas are also kept in the bhog prepared in Vat Savitri Vrat. You can prepare them easily.
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/<> cups Rajgira flour
- 1 tsp Crushed fennel
- A pinch of fennel
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Oil for frying
How to make gulgula
- To make gulgula, first put jaggery, water and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep it aside.
- Now add flour, fennel, cardamom powder and baking soda in another bowl to prepare the batter and mix well. Add jaggery syrup to it and mix continuously. This batter should be very smooth. Cover it and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil to fry in a pan and after the prescribed time, add the gulgula batter alternately with the help of a spoon. Fry them once and remove them.
- After this, add all the gulguls in the same oil and fry well till golden. Do not heat up to fry the gulgulas. This will not cook the dough and it will burn from outside.
- Remove them one by one in tissue paper so that the oil is absorbed. Your fasting gulgulas are also ready.
Make these 3 types of recipes on the occasion of this fast. The sweet recipe can also be offered in bhog and you can consume kees after opening the fast.