Korean fish cake: Korean dramas have not only raised our expectations in romance, but also increased our interest in Korean street food. We also learnt about Korean food culture by stepping into the K-drama world. Most of us not only know about things like ramen noodles, kimbap, spicy chicken, bulgogi, corn dog, tobokki, japache and bingsu, but have also tested them.
Many such things are shown in different K-dramas, which attract the audience a lot. Whether it’s the kimbaba of ‘Extraordinary Attorney Wu’ or the birthday seweed soup from ‘Neverdales’ and ‘It’s Ok to Not Be OK’. We not only look at Korean food, but also try to know about them.
What is a fish cake bar?
It is called Ayomuk in Korean and Oden in Japanese. It is a crispy snack prepared from fish, seafood and other ingredients. Korean Ayomuk was inspired by the Japanese Oden. Due to the seasonings, its taste is slightly salty and sweet. Its texture is soft and spongy.
Ingredients for making Korean fish cake:
To make it, you will need two types of fish and seafood. The ingredients required for this are-
- 30 grams code fil
- 30 grams of Shankar fish
- 30 grams shrimp, peeled
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Medium onion
- Salt 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp white paper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maida
- 1/3 cup corn starch
How to make fish cake bar:
- To make fish cake, first blend fish and seafood in a food processor.
- After this, add garlic, onion, salt, sugar, white pepper, flour and corn starch and blend again. Keep in mind that everything should be blend well. Finally, add 1 tablespoon of oil to it and blend again and remove it separately.
- Heat oil in a pan and prepare the prepared mixture in a cylindrical shape on the other side. You can shape it according to your own. Brush a little oil on top and set the prepared cake aside.
- When the oil is hot, slowly put this cake in the oil and fry it well. The cake should be golden brown in color on both sides.
- Remove them in a tissue paper and remove their excess oil. Set the cakes in a square and enjoy them.
Tips for making Korean fish cake-
- Take a good amount of oil to fry the fish cake. They will not be prepared properly in less oil.
- If you do not like seafood, you can prepare this cake from just fish.
- White fish is commonly used to make fish cakes. You can also make it from the fish of your choice.
- You can prepare a mixture of fish cake and store it in the freezer. This way it will last for 3-4 days, but keep in mind that do not add onion and garlic in advance.
- If you do not like fish cake, you can also make it from chicken.