Indian people include many things in their eating plate to make their food even more tasty. For example, pickle and chutneys give your boring bread and vegetable a dash of flavor. Generally, we all always keep many types of pickles in our kitchen. At the same time, parathas to chila and bread toast are considered incomplete without chutney.
Indian people include many things in their eating plate to make their food even more tasty. For example, pickles and chutneys give your boring bread and vegetable a dash of flavor. Generally, we all always keep many types of pickles in our kitchen. At the same time, parathas to chila and bread toast are considered incomplete without chutney.
Advantages and disadvantages of pickles
Pickle is not only full of taste, but it also has its own advantages and disadvantages-
- Pickle is a pre-biotic, which helps to keep the gut healthy.
- Pickles contain anti-oxidants, which benefit health.
- Pickles also contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, which improves your overall health.
- A lot of salt and oil are added to the pickle while making it. Excess of these two affects your health in adverse ways.
- Excessive consumption of pickles can cause stomach irritation, acidity, gas problems.
- Some people also use vinegar in pickles. It works as a preservative, due to which its excessive intake can cause ulcer problems.
Benefits of chutney
Like pickles, chutney also has its own advantages and disadvantages-
- Chutney is rich in vitamin C. Also, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants are found in it.
- Coriander-mint chutney contains calcium and anti-oxidants. It is considered best to consume it in chutney.
- At the same time, coconut chutney is omega-3 fat rich. These healthy fats are very important for the body.
- Some people include salt, pepper, sugar or molasses etc. to enhance the taste of chutney. This does not give you the benefit of chutney, which is actually what you should get.
- Excess of salt in chutney can increase the problem of blood pressure even more.
- At the same time, excess of chili in chutney can irritate ulcers or food pipes.
Who to consume?
When it comes to consuming one of the chutneys and pickles, you should definitely give priority to chutney. Chutney is not only amazing in taste, but homemade chutney is also more healthy. Also, it can also be prepared instantly. You can take coriander-mint chutney, peanut chutney, ginger-garlic chutney, coconut chutney etc. in your diet. However, while making it, keep in mind that you do not use too much salt, sugar, molasses or chili in it.
You must also tell us your opinion about this article in the comment box. Also, if you liked this article, please share it and stay connected to read other similar articles on your own website with life.