Although the mouth starts watering just by hearing the name of Kadhi, but you must be wondering how to taste it during Navratri fast. Yes, we are going to tell you such a recipe of Kadhi which not only you can eat during Navratri fast, but it is also full of taste.
Believe me it is very easy to make and you can prepare it without any effort. Let us tell you the recipe of Kadhi prepared from Makhana this Navratri.
Makhana Kadhi Recipe
- In a bowl, add Rajgira or Kuttu flour, rock salt and a pinch of sugar. Add about 2 cups of water to it and prepare a batter.
- Whisk the batter well and keep it aside. Keep in mind that you have to keep its consistency as much as you keep gram flour curry.
- Put ghee or oil used in fasting in a pan and add Makhana and roast it well, till it turns golden.
- After roasting the makhana (recipe for snacks made from makhana), take them out of the gas and keep them in a plate.
- In the same pan add some ghee and prepare a tempering of cumin seeds, green chillies and black pepper. When these spices are lightly roasted, add curd and Rajgira mixture in the same pan and cook it well for 5 to 10 minutes. Keep in mind that keep stirring it with a spoon so that it does not burn in the pan.
- When the slurry is cooked well, put roasted nuts in it and turn off the gas and garnish it with green coriander.
- The curry is ready, serve it hot and enjoy it with samak rice.
Easy Makhana Kadhi Recipe
Total Time :35 minutes
Preparation Time :40 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Cooking Level :Moderate
Course: Main course
- Rajgira or Buckwheat flour – 1 cup
- Curd – 2 cups
- Makhane – 2 cups
- Cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Black pepper – 5 -6 grains
- ghee or oil – as required
- Rock salt – as required
- water – as required
Put Rajgira or Kuttu flour in a bowl, add rock salt and make a slurry by adding water.
Put ghee or oil used in fasting in a pan and roast it well by adding Makhane. Take them out after roasting.
In the same pan add some ghee and prepare a tempering of cumin seeds, green chillies and black pepper.
Add the curd and Rajgira mixture to the pan and cook it well for 5 to 10 minutes.
When the solution is cooked, put roasted Makhana in it, turn off the gas and garnish with green coriander.
The curry is ready, enjoy it with samak rice.