Lotus flowers are pink, white, red and blue colors. Apart from enhancing the beauty of the house, they are also used in worship. It also makes dishes and drinks tasty. But do you know that lotus flowers are a panacea in many problems related to health?
Lotus flowers have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Also, many types of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and chlorine are found in it and they are fat free. In addition, lotus flowers are a healthy source of carbohydrates and fiber.
It is one of the best Ayurvedic medicines. With this, you can overcome problems like fever, headache and irritation and make yourself beautiful. Information about its benefits has been shared by Ayurvedic expert Dr. Diksha Bhavsar.
Sharbat made from lotus flowers
- Water – 1 glass
- Lotus flowers – 3
- Boil a glass of water.
- Turn off the gas and put the lotus flowers in water and keep them aside for 2 hours.
- After two hours, mix it well and filter it.
- Let it cool down a bit.
- Then drink this syrup.
- Stay healthy and cool in summer.
A glass of sherbet made from lotus flowers contains these nutrients:
- Calories- 40
- Vitamin C – 16.4 mg
- Vitamin B – 0.2 mg
- Sodium- 27 mg
- Carbohydrates – 9.6 grams
- Fiber – 1.9 grams
- Sugar – 0.3 grams
- Protein – 1 gram
- Fat – 0
- It is beneficial in fever
- Keeps the kidneys healthy.
- It is good for heart health.
- It reduces blood pressure.
- Prevents excessive bleeding.
- Reduces blood sugar levels.
- Relieves headache.
- Too much calms the thirst.
- Reduces irritation and inflammation
- Beneficial in cough and fever.
- Makes the face glowing.
- People suffering from low blood sugar should avoid consuming it, because it can reduce blood sugar levels.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take it.