Hearing momos, the mouth watered, didn’t it? How unhealthy you call it, but you can not stay by eating 1-2 pieces as soon as you come in front of the mouth. Its combination with mayonnaise and red chili chutney looks great. Momos are found in different forms in every region of India. Let us tell you that its popularity is not going away from today but for centuries, because they are being made and served in Nepal since the 14th century. After this, it also became popular in Tibet and gradually its prevalence increased in China and Japan as well.
Since maida is used in momos, many people do not like to eat it due to being unhealthy. Now suppose if a healthy alternative is found in place of maida? Have you eaten spinach leaf momos or even heard of them?
If not, you can learn how to make spinach leaf momos from Chef Kunal Kapoor. Sharing this recipe on his Instagram, he writes that if you are looking for a healthy and tasty snack, which is easy to make at home, then you can make spinach leaf momos. Made without maida, these momos are packed with a delicious mix of vegetables and prepared from fresh spinach leaves. Let’s make our weekends fun by making them too.
How to make –
- To make spinach leaf momos, first clean and wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and keep them aside.
- For this, you will first need to make a filling. Cut all the vegetables very finely. If you do not chop the vegetables finely, then you can also keep them grated.
- Now heat a pan and add oil to it. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic, fry for a few seconds and then add onions to it and roast it. When the onion starts to become light transparent, add carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, green chillies, mashed cheese and beans and toss well.
- Now add a little soy sauce, vinegar and green onion and mix it. After this, prepare a thin solution by adding cornstarch and water in a bowl. Put it in the filling and mix it. Finally, add a little butter to it. This will help to increase the flavor of the filling. Now cool the mixture completely.
- Now put water in a saucepan and let it boil. Put spinach leaves in it and let them stay for 5 seconds and then take them out. Put the leaves in cold water immediately. This will stop their ripening process. Do the same with all the leaves.
- Now take a curry and grease it with oil. Put spinach leaves in it and then add the filling and fold it and give it a round shape. Press it carefully so that the edges stick well. Make momos in this way and keep them aside.
- Now put water in the steamer and heat it and place the momos one by one in the steamer tray and keep them to cook.
- Prepare momos sauce as long as the momos are steamed. For this, add chili flakes, garlic, green onions, coriander leaves, salt, vinegar, soy sauce and a little water in a bowl, mix well and leave for 10 minutes so that all the ingredients are set well.
- Just momos and dip sauce is ready. Decorate both of them in a serving plate and enjoy them warm.
Palak patta Momos Recipe
- For filling: 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots (finely chopped)
- 1/<> cups cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mushroops (finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup beans
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp butter
- To make momo: 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 liter of water
- 1 liter of cold water
- A little oil
- To make chili soy a dip: 1/4 cup crushed chili
- 1/<> Tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- A little water
- Step 1
- To make the filling, heat oil in a pan and then add ginger-garlic for a few seconds. Saute it.
- Step 2
- Put all the vegetables in the pan one by one and saute them and toss them once. in it Add soy sauce, vinegar and green onions and mix.
- Step 3
- Now prepare a diluted solution of cornstarch and water and mix in this filling. As well as flavor Add a little butter for that as well.
- Step 4
- Boil water in a saucepan and add spinach leaves to it and leave for 5 seconds. Leaves Remove it and put it in cold water.
- Step 5
- Put oil in a pan and fill it with spinach leaves and fill it with filling. Fold them into one Keep it aside.
- Step 6
- Place the momos in the steamer to steam and prepare the dip sauce on the other side. A bowl Add the ingredients of dip sauce to it and mix and leave for 10 minutes.
- Step 7
- Garnish the prepared momos and dip sauce in a serving plate and enjoy it.