Our country is known for unique culture as well as delicious cuisine. Every state settled here has its own different food, culture and costumes. Whenever we go to visit another city, you will also get a chance to taste the delicious cuisine here. You must have known about the famous food of Rajasthan. You must know about the famous food from Gujarat to Bihar Khorisa.
But today we will give you information about a dish of Assam, which is made with the help of bamboo. However, now due to the hassle, many people in Assam make this dish. Therefore, very few people know the name of this dish. So let’s know about the interesting facts related to this dish.
Learn about Khorisa Dish
You may find it strange to hear, but it is true that bamboo This dish is made from bamboo which is also called bamboo shoot in English. Let me tell you that this is a kind of pickle, which tastes very delicious. Bamboo twigs are grated to make it. Due to bamboo, its taste also becomes a little bitter.
Fish is also added
Fish meat is used to make it. Onions, tomatoes and spices are added to it. After this, formatted bamboo is added to the dish and this dish is prepared like gravy. Then remove more water in it and add mustard oil, chili, salt and mix it. Meat can also be used to enhance the taste.
Beneficial for health
We know this dish by many names, which are known in the local language as Beru, Boro Bansbarak, Bambusa Balkoya etc. It has many benefits, but eating soft bamboo benefits weight loss, healthy heart, immunity, stomach pain and blood pressure.
If it is made by boiling, then its benefits are more. This is the reason why it is also used to make huts, bridges, paper pulp, etc.
How to make Khorisa
- Fish – 1 piece
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Potatoes – 2
- Bamboo Shoot – 1
- Green chillies – 3 (chopped) garlic – 1 cloves
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 1 (chopped)
- Wash and clean the pieces of fish. After cleaning, put salt and turmeric so that the smell goes away.
- Now heat half a cup of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chillies. After tempering, add chopped garlic buds and onions.
- Then add 1 chopped tomato, 2 potatoes and leftover spices and mix well. Cover it and leave it to cook on a low flame.
- When mixed, add bamboo twigs to it and run well. Cook for a while and then serve with rice.