In the summer season, there are some vegetables whose taste doubles. One of these vegetables is tinda, which is also considered beneficial to consume. However, many people start raising their mouths as soon as they hear the name of Tinde. But have you eaten pickled tinde vegetables? Once you have tasted it, you will just want to make tinde this way.
There is a lot of spice and oil in the food of Punjab. Therefore, this recipe for making pickled tinde is also Punjabi. The longer it takes to make it, the more tangy it tastes. You may have eaten it outside many times, but if you want to cook it at home, then know its recipe. So let’s know the easy recipe.
- First wash the tinde and peel it and cut it into 4 pieces. Keep in mind that if the tinde seeds are large, remove the help of a knife as they can spoil the taste of the dish.
- It would be better if you buy raw and small tinds because small tinds double the taste of the vegetable.
- Now finely chop 2 tomatoes, 1 inch ginger, 2 chopped green chillies in a bowl and put it in a mixer grinder and prepare a paste. Keep the paste aside and during this time put oil in the pan and let it heat so that the rawness of the oil is well removed.
- If smoke starts coming out of the oil, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and apply it. After the cumin is cooked, fry the tinde and add the paste and let it cook for 10 minutes. When the smell of the spice starts coming, add salt, 2 large pickled spices, half a teaspoon coriander powder, half a teaspoon turmeric powder according to taste.
- Keep in mind that water should not be used because the paste will cook the tindas and the taste will also be good. When the paste is completely dry, turn off the gas and add kasuri methi on top and serve with hot bread.
Pickled Tinde Vegetable Recipe
- Tinde – 600 grams
- Tomatoes – 2
- Ginger slice – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Pickle masala – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Step 1
- First wash the tinde and peel it and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Step 2
- Now make a paste of 2 tomatoes, 1 inch ginger, 2 chopped green chillies in a bowl.
- Step 3
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, tinda, spices and fry.
- Step 4
- When the paste is completely dry, turn off the gas and add kasuri methi and add hot bread with it. Serve.