yakhani pulao is one of those Indian dishes that has been made differently in different cultures for many years. This dish is prepared with a practiced technique. It was named from the Persian word yakhani, which means broth. It is believed that this popular dish from Persia reached India and then joined the menu of us Indians.
How to make –
- To make it, first prepare mutton marination. For this, add mutton pieces, chakra flowers, black cardamom, green cardamom, fennel, cloves, black pepper, bay leaf, onion, salt according to taste, yogurt and mix well. Set it aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Now prepare yakhani and add oil, ghee in a deep handi for this. When it is hot, add royal cumin and let it crack well.
- Now add onion and cook it for a minute, so that it becomes golden. Now add the marinated mutton and fry well.
- Cook it on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes and then add ginger, green chillies and green coriander and mix. Add water, vinegar as needed and fry it with the help of a kalchi. Boil the yakhani for a while or until the mutton is soft.
- Take the pieces out in a tray and set aside for further use. Filter the yakhani and keep it aside for further use.
- Now add ghee in a deep handi to prepare mutton yakhani pulao. Once it is hot, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin, fennel and let it crack well.
- Add the cooked mutton and sauté on a medium flame for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the prepared yakhani, soaked sela basmati rice and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes or cover it with a muslin cloth.
- When the rice is cooked well, add a little saffron water to it and mix the rice lightly
- Put it in a serving bowl. Garnish it with fried onions and green coriander. Your mutton yakhani pulao is ready, enjoy it with raita and salan.
Mutton Yakhani Pulao Recipe Card
- For mutton marination: 1 kg mutton
- 1 Chakraphool
- 4 Big cardamom
- 3 Green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 3-4 cloves
- 12-15 black pepper
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Medium size
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups yogurt
- For yakhani: 1/<> tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp Shahi Cumin seeds
- 1 Medium size onion
- Marinated Mutton
- Green chillies 2-3
- 1 inch ginger
- Green coriander chill
- Three to 3 cups of water
- 1/4 vinegar
- Step 1
- Put the mutton pieces, and the ingredients of the marination in a bowl and mix well. It’s 15 Leave it to marinate for a minute.
- Step 2
- To make yakhani, heat oil and ghee in a deep pan. Add royal cumin seeds to it. Then add onions and cook.
- Step 3
- Now add the marinated mutton and fry well. Cook it for a while and add ginger, Add green chillies and green coriander and mix.
- Step 4
- Now add ghee in a deep handi to prepare mutton yakhani pulao. Make casseroles in it Add the spices and mutton and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
- Step 5
- Add the prepared yakhani, soaked sela basmati rice and cover with a lid. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Let it cook on your own or cover it with a muslin cloth.
- Step 6
- When the rice is cooked well, add a little saffron water to it and lightly hand the rice. Mix with it.
- Step 7
- Put it in a serving bowl. Garnish it with fried onions and green coriander. Your Mutton Yakhani Pulao is ready.