There should be talk of decorating the Eid dastarkhana and non-veg items should not be included… That can’t happen. On the day of Eid, people go to each other’s homes to share happiness and eat delicious dishes. Sheer, dahi phulki, chickpeas, haleem, biryani and many more are made.
- Clean and wash the meat to make nihari. If you want, you can also keep small pieces of meat.
- After washing the meat, prepare all the ingredients. Also, put half a cup of oil on the gas in a cooker and keep it to heat.
- When the cooker is hot, add cardamom, bay leaf and meat pieces and fry lightly. During this time we will also add garlic and ginger paste.
- Now add salt, half a teaspoon turmeric and 2 cups of water according to taste, cook well and cover the cooker and leave it till a whistle comes.
- When a whistle comes, add 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon red chili, 2 cups yogurt, half a teaspoon garam masala etc. and let it cook.
- During this time, we will fry 2 onions lightly by adding a pan and 2 teaspoons of oil. We have to brown the onions and when the onions are done, take them out in a bowl.
- After the onion cools down, put it in a mixer jar and grind it. When the meat is cooked, add the onion mixture and half a teaspoon of garam masala and fry for 5 minutes.
- Just your nihari meat is ready, add ginger and lemon on top and serve with tandoori roti.
Nihari Gosht Recipe Card
- Meat – 1 kg
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Black cardamom – 4
- Sharp Address – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- लाल मिर्च पाउडर- 1 चम्मच
- प्याज- 2
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Chopped ginger – as required
- Lemon – 1
- Step 1
- Clean the meat and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Step 2
- Now put the meat and all the spices in a cooker and cook until 1 whistle comes.
- Step 3
- During this time, we will fry 2 onions lightly by adding a pan and 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Step 4
- After the onion cools down, put it in a mixer jar and grind it and put it in the meat and fry it.
- Step 5
- Just serve your nihari meat with ginger and lemon on top.