There are times when we are all too hungry to go to sleep without eating something. Midnight snacks, such as fruit, crackers, or a cold slice of pizza, can mean the difference between a restful night’s sleep and waking up in the early morning from hunger. The secret to a great midnight snack is to satisfy any cravings you have before bed and give your body the nutrients it requires at that time. Healthy fats and proteins should be present in snacks to prevent you from feeling overstuffed or bloated when you go to bed. Snacks should also be light and simple to digest. Learn a few quick and simple recipes for late-night munchies in the following paragraphs.
Cookies & Cream Mud Cake
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 crushed oreo cookies
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- To a mug that can be heated in a microwave, combine all the ingredients in the amounts specified above.
- Combine everything and stir until it resembles paste.
- Mixture should be microwaved for a minute and a half. Your mud cake with cookies and cream is prepared.
- 2 leftover parathas/tortillas/rotis
- 1 cup of chopped-up veggies of your choice
- 1 cube of processed cheese
- 100 gms of shredded chicken/meat of your choice
- Take two parathas, rotis, or any bread you can find. One paratha should be topped with 100 g of your preferred kind of meat and 100 g of chopped vegetables.
- Add one cheese cube that has been shred to the top, then top with another paratha.
- On a tawa, brown the quesadilla on both sides over a low flame.
- Like you would slice a pizza, cut the quesadilla into triangle-shaped pieces. Your hastily assembled quesadilla is prepared.
- Don’t Forget: Try These 3 Vegetable Stew Recipes This Winter
Microwaveable Potato Chips
- 1 big potato
- Olive oil
- Chilli Flakes
- Slice one large potato very thin. Verify that the slices are extremely thin. Never peel a potato.
- Potato slices should be spread out on a napkin, and extra water should be absorbed by another napkin.
- Make sure each potato slice is generously covered in olive oil before adding a few drops to the potato slices.
- To the slices, add a dash of salt and one tablespoon of red pepper flakes. Make sure to thoroughly combine and season all of the slices.