India is a country where boxes of sweets come on every occasion. Of course, rasgullas, gulab jamun, carrot pudding, jalebi, cashew, milk cake, katli, laddu are definitely included in this box. This is because whenever it comes to India’s famous sweets, these names come to our mind.Patishpta
But there are very few people who will know about Patishpt. Although the name may sound a little strange to you, this dessert has been a part of the Bengali plate since ancient times. The trend of this dessert is decreasing with time, but its taste is very wonderful, which you all should know about.
Learn about Patishpta sweets
Bengali Patishpta is such a dessert, which is made in every household of this state. It is sweet to eat and is also healthy. Healthy things like milk, coconut, dry fruits and khoya are used to make patishapta. Its taste is such that once you make it, you will like to make it every time.
It is prepared from rice.
Patishpata is prepared from rice. This dessert is made like dosa and prepared by making a roll of rice. Its specialty is that after making the roll, the cream is staffed in it and after adding sugar cream from the top, it is served.
Patishpta is basically a crepe dish made from rice flour. It is filled with a mixture of coconut and jaggery. The rice is soaked overnight and poured into a smooth batter. The stuffing is prepared by roasting grated coconut, jaggery, cardamom powder and milk on a low flame for about 15 minutes.
This filling is then cooled and used as stuffing for rice flour crepes. Depending on your preference, you can put condensed milk or dry fruits over the crepes.
Recipe for making Patishpta
To make a batter
- Flour – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 4 tsp
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – less than 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee – 4-5 teaspoons (to make pan cake)
- Mawa – 1 cup (250 grams)
- Powdered sugar – 75/<> cup (<> grams)
- Cashews – 8-10 (finely chopped)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut powder or grated dried coconut – 75 grams
- Put the mawa in a pan and fry it continuously on a low flame.
- When the color of mawa starts to change slightly and the smell starts coming from it, then turn off the gas and cut coconut powder, powdered sugar, cardamom and dry fruit in mawa and mix it well.
- The stuffing is ready.
- After this, heat the pan or pan in a non-stick pan by placing it on the gas and when the pan is hot, you add 1 teaspoon of ghee to it and spread it around.
- Now take 1 teaspoon of batter from the batter and put it on the pan and spread it thinly.
- Put the ghee on the edges around the spoon and bake it on a low flame till it turns golden
- When this batter starts to turn light brown from the bottom, turn it over and bake it from the other side till it becomes light golden.
- When it is stuck from both sides, take it out in the plate, now make another pan cake in the same way and prepare all the pan cakes in the same way.
- Put 1 teaspoon stuffing on the pan cake and fold it round and prepare the roll.
- In the same way, prepare all the leaves. About 10-12 leaves are prepared in such a batter.
- You can also make it and keep it in the fridge, then eat it whenever you want.
We hope you liked this information. If you liked this article, then definitely share it and stay connected with your own website to read other similar articles.