For the Char Dham Yatra in 2023, the Uttarakhand government has made photometric and biometric registration mandatory for pilgrims travelling there. The 2014 Kedarnath floods were taken into consideration when making the decision.
The followers will receive photo/biometric cards. After completing the online or offline registration process, people will also receive a Yatra registration letter. For offline registration, there are a number of registration booths scattered along the Chardham Yatra route.
There are no registration fees to pay. On the official website or at registration counters, devotees can register for free. April-May marks the start of the Char Dham Yatra, which lasts until October-November.
Documents required for the Char Dham Yatra
An identification card, such as an Aadhar card, voter identification card, PAN number, driver’s licence, or passport, would be required. The terms Yatra Registration, Yatra epass, Yathra Permits, and Registration Cards are all interchangeable. The card will make it easier to use services like lodging and food.
How to Register Online for Char Dham Yatra 2023?
- Go to http://www.registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in to register for the Chardham Yatra.
- Then, to access the Chardham Yatra 2023 Online Registration/Login form, click on Register/Login.
- A new window will open, prompting you to enter your personal information for Chardham Yatra Registration.
- The registration will then be verified by Chardham Online Registration System via OTP verification via mobile and email.
- Then you must login with your mobile number and password.
- A personalised dashboard will appear; open the window by clicking on Add/Manage Pilgrims or Tourists.
- Then enter tour plan details such as tour type, tour name, Yatra dates, number of tourists, and each destination’s date of visit before saving the form.
- A window will appear with information about the Tour Name, Dates, and Destination.
- You can enter Pilgrim information by clicking the Add Pilgrim button.
- After completing the registration process, you will receive an SMS with a unique registration number and will be able to download the registration letter for Chardham Yatra travel.