Hinduism has given Chaitra Navratri a special place, and all of its days are dedicated to worshipping the mother in various manifestations. Mahashtami, the eighth day of Chaitra Navratri, is one of these. One of Chaitra Navratri’s most fortunate days is known as Maha Ashtami.
Goddess Mahagauri, the eighth manifestation of Maa Durga, will be worshipped on March 29 during this year’s Ashtami Tithi of Chaitra Navratri. The worship of Mata Gauri has special significance.
Chaitra Navratri Ashtami date 2023 auspicious time
- This time the Ashtami Tithi of Chaitra Navratri will fall on Wednesday, March 29. Goddess Mahagauri, the eighth form of Mother, is worshiped on this day.
- Ashtami date of Chaitra Shukla Paksha begins – March 28, from 07.02 in the evening
- Ashtami date of Chaitra Shukla Paksha ends – March 29, 2023, at 09.07 minutes
If Udaya Tithi is to be believed, then the fasting associated with Durga Ashtami will take place on March 29. Additionally, two extremely auspicious Yogs—Shobhan Yog and Ravi Yog—will also fall on this day, which will have a positive effect on the devotees’ lives.
- Shobhan Yoga – March 28, 11:36 pm to March 29, 12:13 am
- Ravi Yoga – March 29, night 08:07 to March 30, morning 06:14
Worship method of Mahagauri Mata on Ashtami day of Chaitra Navratri
The eighth manifestation of Mata, known as Mahagauri, is worshipped on the first day of Chaitra Navratri. All of your wishes come true if you practise worship in accordance with the guidelines. Mainly for married women, worship of Mata Gauri is especially fruitful and indicates good luck in life.
- To worship on this day, wake up early in the morning and wear clean clothes.
- Install the picture of Mata Mahagauri on a post and apply vermilion to the mother.
- Offer the ingredients of Suhag to Mahagauri Mata and offer red flowers.
- While meditating on Goddess Gauri, chant her mantra Om Devi Mahagauryai Namah.
Girl worship is also done on the day of Ashtami.
- On Chaitra Ashtami, a large number of people worship their Kuldevi. If Goddess Mahagauri is offered makeup and is worshipped in its entirety, a large number of people will also worship their Kuldevi.
Significance of Chaitra Navratri Ashtami
It is a belief that the devotee who worships Goddess Gauri on the Ashtami date of Chaitra Navratri with devotion and offers food as per her choice, his wishes are fulfilled. Not only this, on this day, if the married women offer the material of makeup to the mother in the wish of unbroken good fortune, then it also gives auspicious results. The 9 forms and 10 Mahavidyas of Mata Mahagauri Maa are all parts and forms of Adishakti.
Mahadev also receives special blessings from worshipping Mahagauri on this day because she is revered as Lord Shiva’s consort. The Durga Saptshati claims that following Nishumbha’s victory over Shumbha, the gods prayed to Mahagauri on the banks of the Ganges for protection. It is a belief that worshiping this form of mother along with the development of physical ability also gives mental peace.
Mahagauri’s devotees believe that worshipping her is especially fruitful and that doing so brings about favourable outcomes.