It is well known that fish is the main ingredient in Bengali cuisine. Another recipe that is dear to every Bengali’s heart is daab chingri. The words “Daab” and “Chingri,” which together translate to “coconut” and “shrimp,” respectively, may sound bland and unimaginative, but this dish is anything but. An extremely well-liked Bengali dish called Daab Chingri is frequently prepared in Bengali homes on holidays or on Sundays. Although the extra time spent on this recipe’s preparation may seem excessive, it is worth it. Learn how to make Daab Chingri by reading on.
Ingredients Of Daab Chingri
1 tbsp coconut pulp
3 tbsp mustard oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric
3 tbsp onion paste
2 garlic clove paste
1 tbsp mustard paste
1 tsp green chilli paste
2 tbsp coconut
½ cup coconut milk
4 tbsp coconut water
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp sugar
Recipe Of Daab Chingri
- Cut the top off a coconut that is whole, then pour the coconut water into a different glass.
- From the coconut, remove one tablespoon of the pulp and place it in an another bowl.
- 500 grammes of prawn should be cleaned, then seasoned with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and turmeric. The shrimp should be thoroughly covered with the spices after being carefully combined.
- Three teaspoons of mustard oil are added to a pan that is on a medium heat.
- Shrimp that has been marinated should be added to the mustard oil and softly fried until golden. Keep the prawn aside on a different platter once it has been briefly fried.
- Add two cloves of minced garlic, three tablespoons of onion paste, one tablespoon of mustard paste, and one teaspoon of green chilli paste to the same pan. These should all be combined and stirred for a while.
- Add the coconut pulp, half a teaspoon of salt, one cup of coconut milk, and four tablespoons of coconut water to the mixture. The ingredients should be stirred until it resembles semi-paste.
- Stir thoroughly after adding 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the mixture. Then, add the prawn that have been lightly cooked to the mixture and cook for an additional minute.
- The empty coconut should be filled with the shrimp and gravy. Wheat dough is used to seal the coconut’s head.
- The coconut is steamed for ten minutes.