Khai ke paan banaras wala, open the lock of the closed sky’ The lyrics of this song are enough to tell the specialty of Varanasi’s paan. Also to understand how famous Banaras and its food is. Lassi here, chaat here… Like the dishes are so delicious that everyone wants to taste it.
Especially tomato sauce. Whoever eats it once will remain in the account. This tomato chaat is very spicy and sour-sweet. Tomatoes are used more in it and chutney is also made from the top. But we will tell you the easy recipe for making chaat without a sauce.
- To make tomato chaat, first put ghee in a pan and heat it. After the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, chopped ginger, whole cashews and green chillies and fry lightly.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and fry all the spices on a light flame. But keep stirring the spices continuously.
- During this time we will cut tomatoes. When the tomatoes are chopped, add black salt, salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Let the tomatoes cook on a light flame and after a minute add half a cup of water and melt the tomatoes well. For this, we have to cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, mash the tomatoes lightly with a spoon and then add mashed potatoes, chaat masala, green coriander and tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Now cover the potatoes with tomatoes on a light flame for 2 minutes and leave it to cook. Turn off the gas after 2 minutes. Take it out in a bowl and add lemon juice on top and serve.
- Your very flat cart is ready like the tomato chaat of Banaras. You can also add save from above if you want.
Banaras Special Tomato Chaat Recipe Card
- 400 grams – tomatoes (chopped)
- 3- Potatoes (boiled)
- 1- Ginger (finely chopped)
- According to taste – salt
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Tamarind paste
- 2-3 tsp-salted apple
- 1 tsp – Garam masala
- 2- Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp – Green coriander
- 1 tsp – Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Black salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1-2- Green chillies (chopped)
- Step 1
- First, put ghee in a pan and heat it. Cumin, ginger, cashews and green after ghee is heated Add the chili and fry.
- Step 2
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and all the spices. Sauté on a low flame.
- Step 3
- During this time we will cut tomatoes. When tomatoes are chopped, it contains black salt, salt and garam masala. Add and mix well.
- Step 4
- Let the tomatoes cook on a light flame and after a minute add half a cup of water and cook the tomatoes well. Take a hug from it.
- Step 5
- After 5 minutes, mash the tomatoes lightly with a spoon and add tamarind pulp and mix well. Mix well.
- Step 6
- Turn off the gas after 2 minutes. Take it out in a bowl and add lemon juice on top. Serve.